- B.S., 1996, Chemical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, China
- M.S., 1999, Chemical Engineering (Biochemical Engineering), Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Ph.D., 2003, Plant Biology (Fungal Genetics and Biology), University of Georgia, USA
- Postdoctoral research, 2007, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology (Medical Mycology), Duke University Medical Center, USA
Joined the Department of Biology in 2008
Associated Faculty Member of Health Science Center School of Graduate Studies
BWF Investigator in Pathogenesis of Infectious Disease
Member of Faculty of 1000
- ICAAC Young Investigator Award, the American Society of Microbiology (ASM), 2009
- Teaching Excellence Award (SLATE), TAMU, 2009
- Eukaryotic Cell Outstanding Young Investigator Award, the American Society of Microbiology (ASM), 2009
- Teaching Excellence Award (SRATE), TAMU, 2011
- . The Burroughs Wellcome Fund Investigator in Pathogenesis of Infectious Disease, 2013
Lin Lab Website
College Station, TX 77843-3258
Biological Sciences Building West
Biological Sciences Building West
Research in our laboratory focuses on medical mycology: We study the molecular mechanisms of fungal pathogenesis and microbial communication and development. We investigate novel drugs that have the potential to be used to treat fungal infections and we are interested in characterizing fungal molecules that are promising vaccine candidates. The long term goal of our research is to seek better approaches for treating fungal diseases and to advance our knowledge of eukaryotic microbiology. Please check Lin Lab webpage for details.
- Upadhyay S, Torres G, and Lin X*. (in press) Laccases involved in DHN melanin biosynthesis in Aspergillus fumigatus are regulated by developmental factors and copper hemostasis. Eukaryotic Cell.
- Tian X and Lin X*. (in press) Matricellular protein Cfl1 regulates microbial differentiation. Communicative & Integrative Biology
- Huang J, Foyle D, Lin X, and Yang J. (in press) Total synthesis and biological evaluation of an antifungal tricyclic o-hydroxy-p-quinone methide diterpenoid. The Journal of Organic Chemistry.
Chacko N and Lin X *. (in press) Non coding RNAs in the development and pathogenesis of eukaryotic microbes. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology.
Wang L, Tian X, Gyawali R, and Lin X*. (2013) An adhesin guides community behaviors
and autoinduction in fungi in a paracrinal manner. PNAS 110(28):11571-6.
(Recommended by Faculty of 1000)
- Zhai B, Zhu P, Foyle D, Upadhyay S, Idnurm A*, and Lin X*. (2013) Congenic strains of the filamentous form of Cryptococcus neoformans for studies of fungal morphogenesis and virulence. Infection and Immunity 81(7): 2626-2637
- Zhu P, Zhai B, Lin X*, and Idnurm A*. (2013) Congenic strains for the genetic analysis of virulence traits in Cryptococcus gattii. Infection and Immunity. 81(7): 2616-2625
- Gyawali R and Lin X*. (2013) Prezygotic and postzygotic control of uniparental mitochondrial inheritance in Cryptococcus neoformans. mBio 4(2). pii: e00112-13 PMCID: PMC3638309
- Zhai B and Lin X*. (2013) Evaluation of anti-cryptococcal activity of the antibiotic polymyxin B in vitro and in vivo. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents. 41:250– 254.
- Wang L and Lin X*. (in press) Cryptococcus neoformans and Cryptococcosis. Encyclopedia of Infectious Disease. Greenwood Press.
(* corresponding author)