Joined the Department in 2008
- B.S., 1996, Chemical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, China
- M.S., 1999, Chemical Engineering (Biochemical Engineering), Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Ph.D., 2003, Plant Biology (Fungal Genetics and Biology), University of Georgia, USA
- Postdoctoral research, 2007, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology (Medical Mycology), Duke University Medical Center, USA
- Joint Associate Professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Texas A&M Health Science Center
- BWF Investigator in Pathogenesis of Infectious Disease
- Member of Faculty of 1000
- ICAAC Young Investigator Award, the American Society of Microbiology (ASM), 2009
- Teaching Excellence Award (SLATE), TAMU, 2009
- Eukaryotic Cell Outstanding Young Investigator Award, the American Society of Microbiology (ASM), 2009
- Teaching Excellence Award (SRATE), TAMU, 2011
- The Burroughs Wellcome Fund Investigator in Pathogenesis of Infectious Disease, 2013
Research in our laboratory focuses on medical mycology: We study the molecular mechanisms of fungal pathogenesis and microbial communication and development. We investigate novel drugs that have the potential to be used to treat fungal infections and we are interested in characterizing fungal molecules that are promising vaccine candidates. The long term goal of our research is to seek better approaches for treating fungal diseases and to advance our knowledge of eukaryotic microbiology. Please check Lin Lab webpage for more details.
- Latinović, Z, Leonardi, A, Kovačič, L, Koh, CY, Šribar, J, Bakija, AT et al.. The First Intrinsic Tenase Complex Inhibitor with Serine Protease Structure Offers a New Perspective in Anticoagulant Therapy. Thromb. Haemost. 2018; :. doi: 10.1055/s-0038-1669785. PubMed PMID:30235482 .
- Zhang, H, Chen, S, Zeng, M, Lin, D, Wang, Y, Wen, X et al.. Apelin-13 Administration Protects Against LPS-Induced Acute Lung Injury by Inhibiting NF-κB Pathway and NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation. Cell. Physiol. Biochem. 2018;49 (5):1918-1932. doi: 10.1159/000493653. PubMed PMID:30235451 .
- Chen, HY, Huang, TC, Lin, LC, Shieh, TM, Wu, CH, Wang, KL et al.. Fucoidan Inhibits the Proliferation of Leiomyoma Cells and Decreases Extracellular Matrix-Associated Protein Expression. Cell. Physiol. Biochem. 2018;49 (5):1970-1986. doi: 10.1159/000493660. PubMed PMID:30235439 .
- Lorenz, MW, Gao, L, Ziegelbauer, K, Norata, GD, Empana, JP, Schmidtmann, I et al.. Correction: Predictive value for cardiovascular events of common carotid intima media thickness and its rate of change in individuals at high cardiovascular risk - Results from the PROG-IMT collaboration. PLoS ONE. 2018;13 (9):e0204633. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0204633. PubMed PMID:30235339 .
- de Oliveira, DCX, Frisselli, A, de Souza, EG, Stanganelli, LCR, Deminice, R. Venous versus capillary sampling for total creatine kinase assay: Effects of a simulated football match. PLoS ONE. 2018;13 (9):e0204238. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0204238. PubMed PMID:30235295 .
- Xu, Z, Qi, F, Wang, Y, Jia, X, Lin, P, Geng, M et al.. Cancer mortality attributable to cigarette smoking in 2005, 2010 and 2015 in Qingdao, China. PLoS ONE. 2018;13 (9):e0204221. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0204221. PubMed PMID:30235293 .
- Yang, CF, Chang, SF, Hsu, TC, Su, CL, Wang, TC, Lin, SH et al.. Molecular characterization and phylogenetic analysis of dengue viruses imported into Taiwan during 2011-2016. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2018;12 (9):e0006773. doi: 10.1371/journal.pntd.0006773. PubMed PMID:30235208 .
- Xiong, Q, Lin, P, Ren, W, Yang, C, Gui, W. Containment Control for Discrete-Time Multiagent Systems With Communication Delays and Switching Topologies. IEEE Trans Cybern. 2018; :. doi: 10.1109/TCYB.2018.2852333. PubMed PMID:30235155 .