- B.A., 1970, Kent State University, Biology.
- M.A., 1972, Kent State University, Botany.
- Ph.D., 1976, Indiana University, Botany, Anthropology.
- Postdoctoral research: University of Wyoming.
Joined the department in 1977.
Associations: Department of Biology Herbarium.
Currently Faculty Emeritus in Biology
When the TAMU Department of Biology supported degree programs in Botany, Hugh Wilson’s work in systematic botany centered in two areas; vascular plant floristics and crop plant evolution.
- Wilson, H. D. and J. R. Manhart. 1993. Crop weed gene flow: Chenopodium quinoa Willd. and C. berlandieri Moq. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 86:642-648.
- Wang, S., T. Tsuchiya, and H. D. Wilson. 1993. Chromosome studies in several species of the genus Chenopodium from North and South America. J. Genet. & Breed. 47: 163-170.
- Wilson, H. D. 1993. Free-living Cucurbita pepo in the United States: viral resistance, gene flow, and risk assessment. Order #43-6395-3-C4203, prepared for USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Hyattsville, Md. (overview of issues)
- Wilson, H. D., R. Lira, and I. Rodriguez. 1994. Crop/Weed Gene Flow: Cucurbita argyrosperma Huber and C. fraterna L. H. Bailey. Econ. Bot. 48: 293-300.
- Wilson, H. D. and J. S. Payne. 1994. Crop/Weed microgametophyte competition in Cucurbita pepo (Cucurbitaceae). Amer. J. Bot. 81: 1531-1537.
- Schneider, Erich R., John J. Leggett, Richard K. Furuta, Hugh D. Wilson, Stephan L. Hatch. 1998. Herbarium Specimen Browser: a tool for accessing botanical specimen collections. In Proceedings of the Third ACM Conference on Digital Libraries (DL ’98), June 23-26, 1998, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Wilson, H. D. 2001. Informatics: new media and paths of data flow. Taxon 50: 331-337.
- Wilson, H. D. 2001. Crop plant lineage pollution. British Food Journal 103(11): 780-784.
- Neill, Amanda K. and Hugh D. Wilson. 2001. The vascular flora of Madison County, Texas. Sida 19 (4) 1083-1121.
- Teongjoo Ong, John Leggett, Hugh Wilson, Stephan Hatch. A Web-Based Run-Length Encoded Map Generating System. World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2002(1), 1506-1507.