If you are going to be using a computer in the Biology Department, you will need a Biology User Account. Please print and fill out the Account Request form linked below, have your supervisor sign it, and bring it to our offices (425 BSBW, just off of the Graduate Computing Lab).
Biology User Account Request form
If you need to change information associated with your Biology User Account (name change, title change, change in supervisor and/or lab, etc.), Please print and fill out the Account Change form linked below, have your supervisor sign it, and bring it to our offices (425 BSBW, just off of the Graduate Computing Lab).
Biology User Account Change Request form
If you need to arrange use of Texas A&M’s wireless network for a seminar speaker or other guest, this can be quickly done from TAMU-IT’s Guest Account Request page.
If you are having problems with a computer access account, who you need to contact will be determined by which account you are having issues with.
- If you are having problems with your Biology Account (unable to use a departmental computer, Biology email issues, etc.) contact Biology IT Services.
- If your password needs to be reset, you will need to come by our offices with your Texas A&M ID to verify your identity.
- Accounts for undergraduate researchers, student workers and out of department teaching assistants expire at the end of each semester. They will only be renewed when a supervisor confirms continued need for access.
- If you are having problems with any of the following systems: TAMULink wireless access, TAMU GMail, Howdy, eLearning, Library access (among other systems accessed using TAMU NetID), you will need to contact TAMU-IT. Call HelpDesk Central (845-8300) or visit them in Teague for assistance.
- If you are having problems logging into any of the following systems: LeaveTraq, TrainTraq, Buy A&M, HR, PATH (among other systems associated with TAMU System Single Sign On (SSO)), you will need to contact Biology’s payroll office by phone (845-4264) or email.