Biology Information Technology Services
From time to time, you might need some help with your system. That’s what we’re here for!
If you have computer questions please call BITS at 845-7751, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check back frequently for updates, information, and useful troubleshooting steps.
Work From Home Resources
The following are the instructions recently compiled to make working and teaching from home possible. If you need any help please do not hesitate to reach out. For Zoom, Respondus, Google Drive, eCampus, Microsoft Office, or recording lectures help please email McKensie Le Fevre. For issues with remote desktop, computer issues, mapping network drives, or VPN please email email@example.com.
- *NEW FERPA GUIDELINES FOR ZOOM RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS*
- There are a lot of amazing resources at Keep Teaching for those who feel ready to branch out and learn more about settings and possible functions of Zoom and eCampus.
- This includes resources for proctoring exams via Zoom: Keep Teaching Exams
- Zoom Tutorial
- All the way from downloading Zoom to uploading recorded lectures to Google Drive
- Note: If you want the ability to edit your videos, removing the first few minutes, etc. you need to select to store your recording on the Zoom cloud. After editing the video in the browser version of Zoom, you can send it to your Students from the Zoom Cloud. If you want to edit the video file to put on the Google Drive, you must download them locally and use video editing software.
- How to Turn Your Cellphone Into a Webcam
- Zoom Security Instructions
- Instructor Help for eCampus Website
- Instructions on how to make an eCampus Exam from scratch
- This also includes how to use Test Settings in ecampus to set start dates, allow exceptions for certain students, etc.
- How to convert an exam in TESTGEN to eCampus
- How to convert a Word Document exam into eCampus
- TAMU Work from Home Resources
- TAMU Office 365
- Remote Desktop Instructions
- VPN -Cisco App
- To Map Network Drives please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
- NetID Lockouts will reset after 15 minutes, but you can also try a password flush
- If this doesn’t work, please call Help Desk Central at 845-8300, where they may ask you to re-enroll in Duo.
- If you want to try this yourself first, these are the instructions