Biology Travel Awards criteria
BioGSA has been asked to administer the allocation for departmental travel funds in the Spring Semester of each academic year. We have introduced a two-tier ranking system to maintain fairness in distribution of funds. Amounts may vary every year depending on the total allocation.
The Lower Tier (up to $300) Criteria:
- At least 50% attendance of Tuesday Seminars. Attendance confirmed by a sign sheet that students will need to personally sign in at each seminar attended.
- Full-day attendance of SPRC and performance of duties the students sign up for.
Attend recruitment party at Matt Sachs’ house.
The Upper Tier (up to $750) Criteria:
- Fulfillment of the Lower Tier needs and any one of the following:
- Present a poster or give a talk at SPRC
- Submit an abstract for Tuesday Seminar
- Participate in 1 outreach event of the department per year
- Be a mentor for incoming graduate recruits
Exceptions can be made for religious reasons, time conflicts with a registered TAMU class, or TA duties
All of these criteria are designed to encourage overall student involvement in the graduate program and to enhance your learning experience.