When am I required to submit my degree planner?
Students are required to submit a degree planner once they complete (and have a grade for) 30 credit hours or more. Students who enter TAMU with 30+ credit hours, will need to complete the degree planner their first semester.
Degree planners must be submitted annually after the initial submission.
Check holds in My Profile on Howdy to see if you have a hold for “Missing UG Degree Plan”. Degree Planners are due Sept. 30th each year. Students with a hold will not be able to register for classes until their degree planner has been submitted and approved. Note: often degree plans are declined and require changes and resubmission.
Can I change my degree planner?
Yes, you may change or update your planner at any time, but it must be approved annually.
How do I complete the degree planner?
Go to Howdy/My Record/Undergraduate Degree Planner to access Undergraduate Degree Planner.
In this same area, it may be helpful to review the Undergraduate Degree Planner Guide (PDF) and Degree Planner FAQs before you begin the planner. These are found below the Undergraduate Degree Planner link.
How can I speed up approval of my degree planner?
- Submit your plan well before the deadline
- Use the PREREQ CHECK tab at the top of the planner to be sure you have added all necessary prerequisite courses
- Be sure all progress bars of the DEGREE EVALUATION tab are green or green and yellow and say “Met”
- If you see a caution sign indicating a course is not typically offered in that semester, use the COURSE HISTORY tab to see when the course has historically been offered
- Use the resources listed below to aid in the development of your plan: