Joined the Department in 2022
- B.S., 2007, Microbiology, University of Kalyani
- Ph.D., 2016, Centre for the Environment, Indian Institute of Technology
- Postdoctoral research: University of California
BIOL 112 Introductory Biology II
Credits 4. 3 Lecture Hours. 3 Lab Hours.
(BIOL 1307 and 1107, 1407) Introductory Biology II. The second half of an introductory two-semester survey of contemporary biology that covers evolution, history of life, diveristy and form and function of organisms; includes laboratory that reinforces and provides supplemental information related to the lecture topics.
6. Basu, S., Mackey, K.R.M., 2022. Effect of rising temperature and carbon dioxide on the growth, photophysiology, and elemental ratios of marine Synechococcus: A multistressor approach. Sustainability 14, 9508.
5. Basu, S., Mackey, K.R.M., 2018. Phytoplankton as Key Mediators of the Biological Carbon Pump: Their Responses to a Changing Climate. Sustainability 10, 869.
4. Bhattacharya, S., Kundu, S., Mukherjee, J., Yeasmin, F., Basu, S., Chattopadhyay, J., Roy, S., 2018. Growth Profile of Chaetoceros sp. and its Steady State Behavior with Change in Initial Inoculum Size: A Modeling Approach. Current Science 115, 12.
3. Basu, S., Roy, A.S., Mohanty, K., Ghoshal, A.K., 2015. Operational strategies for maximizing CO2 utilization efficiency by the novel microalga Scenedesmus obliquus SA1 cultivated in lab scale photobioreactor. Algal Research 12, 249-257.
2. Basu, S., Roy, A.S., Mohanty, K., Ghoshal, A.K., 2014. CO2 biofixation and carbonic anhydrase activity in Scenedesmus obliquus SA1 cultivated in large scale open system. Bioresource Technology 164, 323-330.
1. Basu, S., Roy, A.S., Mohanty, K., Ghoshal, A.K., 2013. Enhanced CO2 sequestration by a novel microalga: Scenedesmus obliquus SA1 isolated from bio-diversity hotspot region of Assam, India. Bioresource Technology 143, 369-377.